POSITION TITLE: Floor / Box Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Table Games
REPORTS TO: Table Games Shift Manager
PREPARED DATE: February 5th, 2019
The Floor/Box Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all assigned personnel and Table Games in accordance with Casino regulations and departmental policies and procedures. Also responsible for providing continuous exceptional guest service while ensuring the integrity of the game under changing and occasional stressful situations.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote positive customer relations.
- Be presentable and lead by example.
- Ensures excellent game protection is practiced.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of assigned games.
- Responsible for accurate and complete recording of table card information on assigned games.
- Accurately and honestly tracks guest play on player tracking cards.
- Responsible for handling guest and employee concerns in a respectable manner.
- Orders, verifies, and signs fill/credit slips.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Familiar with his/her role in case of emergency situations.
- Responsible to train, mentor, monitor, and evaluate performance of each team member.
- Any other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- This position supervises all Table Game employees during assigned shift.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited casino dealer school.
- Must have at least 1-year supervisory experience.
- Must have at least 2 years dealing experience.
- General knowledge of Blackjack and basic dealing procedures.
- Must be familiar with all US currency.
- Ability to work and interact with Table Games Team Members and all departments throughout the organization
- Ability to accurately and quickly calculate payouts using addition, subtraction, multiplication or division, including fractions and decimals without the use of a calculator or other tool. Must be able to make multiple correct mathematical decisions simultaneously.
- Accurately conduct customers’ cash and non-cash transactions.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to communicate (project voice and hear) within occasionally loud surroundings.
- Maintain a positive and accepting attitude towards all coaching, counseling, training and documenting in order to allow for constant improvement and growth.
- Accept decisions and/or corrections by supervisors in a positive, supportive and professional manner in the presence of guests.
- Clearly and audibly conduct all required “call-outs” in a professional manner.
- Clearly communicate all relevant game changes or conditions to relief dealers.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee must possess good vision, including peripheral, with or without correction. The Employee will use all fingers and both hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift up to ten (10) lbs.
- The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke.