JOB TITLE: Cage Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
PREPARED BY: Elaine Barraza
REVISED DATE: 01/21/2019
Effectively supervises the Assistant Cage Manager, Cage Supervisors, Main Bankers, and Cashiers, while ensuring protection of all the company assets within the Cage. Is capable of filling any Cage position on any shift (Cage Supervisor, Main Banker, Fill Banker, Cashier) as required. Communicates directly with Guests, management, and other Casino personnel, and must maintain a professional demeanor and a positive attitude at all times. Possesses and engages strong interpersonal and communication skills. Oversees the Vault Impress, and is responsible for ensuring that there are adequate funds to support operations. Guarantees Cage compliance with regulatory controls, policies, and procedures. Remains flexible and adaptable and must be able to work all shifts and all days, including Holidays as necessary or assigned.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preserve parameters of the Cage budget while making necessary purchases to support operations
- Negotiate Cage contracts and make recommendations based on analysis
- Facilitate Quarterly Cage Policy and Procedure and Internal Control training
- Regularly analyze Cage staffing levels and synchronize schedules accordingly
- Prepare, revise, and approve Cage schedules
- Maintain Cage Impress levels such that they meet business needs
- Order Currency and Coin and stipulate deposits such that they comply with Impress thresholds
- Conduct analyses of Kiosk and ATM Impress amounts and make recommendations for reductions and/or increases
- Prepare and revise Cashier and Fill Bank Impress amounts based on transaction analysis
- Prepare and revise Interdepartmental Bank Impress amounts as specified by Departmental Directors and Managers
- Maintain accuracy and clarity in verbal, written, and electronic communications
- Maintain meticulous documentation concerning Cage operations
- Develop and communicate internal and interdepartmental memorandums
- Analyze areas of concern within the Cage, isolate solutions, and execute solutions in a professional manner
- Evaluate Cage Policies and Procedures for the purpose of completing additions and/or revising existing P&P’s; execute revisions and/or additions
- Receive and interpret communications from Surveillance, Compliance, and Gaming Commission and determine appropriate courses of action
- Investigate variances, determine and carry out courses of action and communicate to proper parties
- Investigate Guest disputes, determine and carry out courses of action and communicate to proper parties
- Engage disciplinary actions with subordinates when applicable
- Complete performance appraisals, engage coaching’s and mediations, and effectively resolve disputes
- Interview potential applicants and hire those chosen
- Complete “end of month” reports and tasks within designated timeframe
- Accurately process payroll
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Mathematics skills and ability to operate a 10-key calculator
- Use of a Coin sorter and Currency counter
- Advanced computer knowledge including the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Accurately count and cash Chips, Coin, and Currency
- Knowledge of process for handling Traveler’s Checks, Personal Checks, electronic Checks, Debit and Credit cards
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or any combination of education and experience totaling five (5) years
- Four (4) years’ experience in the Gaming or Banking Industries
- Five (5) years working within a Managerial and/or Supervisory capacity
- Four (4) years Cashiering experience
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must possess a College Degree, Associate or greater
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation
- Knowledge of counterfeit document and negotiable instrument signifiers
- Capable of understanding, adhering to, and mastering numerous Cage Policies and Procedures as well as Internal Controls
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Advanced skills in leadership, supervision, delegation, and training
- Ability to work within a highly stressful environment while remaining calm and professional
- Capable of problem solving and servicing Cage related machinery (Coin/Currency counters, Kiosks, ATM’s, etc.)
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
- Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual a plus; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, walk, and remain mobile for prolonged periods of time. The Employee will use fingers, hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift thirty (30) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke. The work is performed inside a highly regulated environment where the Employee may be required to remain, without the ability to regularly exit internal offices (Cash Cage). Some air and motor vehicle travel may be required for the position a cell phone may be required and utilized to conduct business, and the Employee must remain accessible via phone twenty-four hours a day
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.