POSITION TITLE: Bingo Server
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Bingo Manager
Under the direction of the Bingo Manager, the Server will ensure continued excellent customer service utilizing the Tesuque Proud Standards while interacting with our guests and ensure they have a great dining experience. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Bingo servers are expected to have full understanding of all food and beverage menus and knowledge of all products offered.
NOTE: Native preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares the tables, laying out menus and tools needed to play bingo.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations.
- Knowledge and terminology of beer, wine, and spirits.
- Knowledge and terminology of food and menu items.
- Must be familiar with domestic and imported beers, different types of wine offered, brand name spirits, and garnishments.
- Provides accurate directions and information for guest inquires and is knowledgeable about all aspects of the casino to include services, features, attractions, promotions and special events.
- Direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, and communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Accepting payments, issuing receipts returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by manager.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Create a memorable dining experience for our guests utilizing the Tesuque Proud Service Standards.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Must maintain appearance throughout shift.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant and through the Casino.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prior food and beverage server experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have State of New Mexico Alcohol Servers Certificate
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
This position requires the employee to effectively communicate with guests to create a fun and safe environment while creating and fostering relationships for repeat business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use of hands and finger to feel and reach; talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.