Job Title: Vault Main Banker Cage
Reports to: Supervisor
Revised Date: 01/21/2019
Oversees Cage Cashier and Guest transactions while simultaneously protecting the company assets within the Cage, during an assigned shift. Prepares and accurately verifies all Casino exchanges, including but not limited to Cashier transfers, Outlet Banks, Cashier Banks, Casino Deposits, Casino Bank Orders, Table Fills/Credits, and Casino Drops (Slots, Kiosk, Table Games). Accurately verifies and balances the Vault Main Bank and Cashier Banks, and investigates any variances that transpire. Is knowledgeable of Cage Policies and Procedures as well as Internal Controls, and is capable of filling any Cage position on any shift (Supervisor, Main Banker, Fill Banker, and/or Cashier) as required. Services Cage machinery (Coin/Currency counters, Kiosks, ATM’s, etc.). Guarantees confidentiality concerning Cage operations, is pleasant, team oriented, and maintains a strict attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is accurate and complete. Remains flexible and adaptable and must be able to work all shifts and all days, including Holidays as necessary or assigned.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting-Supervisor in the absence of a Cage Supervisor
- “On-call” status during assigned shift
- Track Guest transactions and prepare/maintain MIL and MTL
- Enter Table Game closers and roll Cage/Pit shift in a timely manner
- Balance Vault Main Bank and Cashier Banks
- Investigate variances; process requests for review with Surveillance
- Process Casino Drops, Bank Orders, TITO’s, Jackpots, Table Fills/Credits
- Fill/Drop ATM’s and Kiosks
- Prepare Outlet Banks, Cashier Banks, Casino Deposits
- Handle Guest disputes professionally and effectively
- Complete paperwork within a reasonable timeframe; accuracy and clarity in verbal and written communications
- Ensure accuracy of all paperwork received and disbursed
- Any additional duties assigned by Assistant Cage Manager and/or Cage Manager
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Mathematics skills and ability to operate a 10-key calculator
- Use of a Coin sorter and Currency counter
- Basic computer knowledge
- Accurately count and cash Chips, Coin, and Currency
- Knowledge of process for handling Traveler’s Checks, Personal Checks, electronic Checks, Debit and Credit cards
- Knowledge of counterfeit document and negotiable instrumentsignifiers
- Capable of adhering to numerous Policies andProcedures
- Strong interpersonal and communicationskills
- Ability to work within a highly stressful environment while remaining calmand professional
- Ability to handle Guest disputes professionally andeffectively
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or any combination of education and experience totaling two (2) years
- One (1) year Cashiering and Customer serviceexperience
- Experience in the Gaming or Banking Industries preferred but notrequired
- Experience acting within a Supervisor capacity preferred but notrequired
- Must be 21 years old orolder
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual a plus; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, walk, and remain mobile for prolonged periods of time. The Employee will use fingers, hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift thirty (30) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke. The work is performed inside a highly regulated environment where the Employee may be required to remain, without the ability to regularly exit internal offices (CashCage).
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.