JOB TITLE: Valet Attendant
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: May 3, 2018
The Valet Attendant shall be responsible for the overall operation of the Valet Department. Inspect and park guest vehicles in designated areas of the property. The Valet Attendant will create first class hospitality and guest service for the clientele entering and exiting the Casino utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
Note: Native American preference will be given
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 Year experience/ knowledge of guest service
- Experience driving standard and automatic transmission vehicles
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Greet guests when entering the Casino and thank them when exiting utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
- Assists guests promptly and courteously in Valet check-in and checkout.
- Insure that all guests utilizing valet service receives a disclaimer/waiver card.
- Thorough inspections of vehicles with proper valet inspection card, (noting all damage visible to the vehicle).
- Responsible for guest vehicles, parking and returning guest vehicles in a prompt and punctual manner in accordance with established safety guidelines and surroundings of other guest. Park vehicles in designated areas of property, then accurately records the location of the vehicle onto a Valet receipt, which is attached to the appropriate keys and stored in the Valet office.
- Held accountable to the highest degree for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Provide shuttle service to and from guest parking lot.
- Drive clientele to and from various local hotels and motels as well as entertainers from and to the airports.
- Must adhere to all highway rules and regulations important and critical functions, duties of job: i.e.: Speed and cell phone use.
- Promptly clears ramp area of cars to be parked.
- Assist all that are physically challenged entering the casino.
- Presents a clean, neat and well-groomed appearance, wearing only the designated Valet uniform while on the job.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Paragon Casino Resort facilities, as well as special events on property in order to advise guests and fellow Associates of same, whenever possible.
- DOOR SERVICE: Stand at casino entrance and greet guest entering and exiting the casino giving thoughtful regards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITILES:
- Ability to driving both standard and automatic vehicles is required for this position.
- Maintains complete confidentiality with all casino business.
- Communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; to make reports; to speak clearly and write legibly; to effectively deal with guest.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (no moving violations or DWIs/DUIs within the last three (3) years)and able to be insured by the Casino
- Must comply with a background check and pre-employment drug screening
Duties are routinely performed outdoors and may be exposed to inclement weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold, and heat. Position requires standing for long periods of time, running short distances for long periods of time without hesitation. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally duties are performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level.
Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.