JOB TITLE: Floor Box Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Table Games
REPORTS TO: Table Games Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: May 2018
The Floor/Box Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all assigned personnel and Table Games in accordance with Casino regulations and departmental policies and procedures. Also responsible for providing continuous Rock Solid Guest Service while ensuring the integrity of the game under changing and occasional stressful situations.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must have at least 1-year supervisory experience.
• Must have at least 2 years dealing experience.
• General knowledge of Blackjack and basic dealing procedures.
• Must learn a secondary game within their 90 days Introductory Period.
• Must be familiar with all US currency.
• Lead by example attitude.
• Strong sense of customer service
• Strong social skills
• Dependable and prompt
• Ability to work and interact with Table Games Team Members and all departments throughout the organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promote positive customer relations.
• Be presentable and lead by example.
• Ensures excellent game protection is practiced.
• Responsible for the opening and closing of assigned games.
• Responsible for accurate and complete recording of table card information on assigned games.
• Accurately and honestly tracks guest play on player tracking cards.
• Responsible for handling guest and employee concerns in a respectable manner.
• Orders, verifies, and signs fill/credit slips.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Familiar with his/her role in case of emergency situations.
• Responsible to train, mentor, monitor, and evaluate performance of each team member.
• Any other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
This position supervises all Table Game employees during assigned shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Certificate of completion from an accredited casino dealer school or one year experience preferred.
• Box Supervisors must be certified with at least 2 years dealing experience or equivalent experience.
• High Integrity
• Positive Attitude
• Teamwork Oriented
• Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to communicate (project voice and hear) within occasionally loud surroundings.
• Maintain a positive and accepting attitude towards all coaching, counseling, training and documenting in order to allow for constant improvement and growth.
• Accept decisions and/or corrections by supervisors in a positive, supportive and professional manner in the presence of guests.
• Clearly and audibly conduct all required “call-outs” in a professional manner.
• Clearly communicate all relevant game changes or conditions to relief dealers.
• Ability to accurately and quickly calculate payouts using addition, subtraction, multiplication or division, including fractions and decimals without the use of a calculator or other tool. Must be able to make multiple correct mathematical decisions simultaneously.
• Accurately conduct customers’ cash and non-cash transactions.
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Driver’s License
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
• Social Security Card
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee must possess good vision, including peripheral, with or without correction. The Employee will use all fingers and both hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift up to ten (10) lbs.
The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke.