JOB TITLE: Table Games Director
DEPARTMENT: Table Games
REPORTS TO: Director of Casino Operations / General Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: February 4, 2019
Responsible for overall administration and operation of the Table Games Department, in alignment with the goals & objectives of the organization in full accordance with all company operational policies and procedures and relative gaming regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following:
- Formulates and administers departmental policies and develops realistic short and long term goals and objectives for the department in alignment with those of the organization.
- Responsible for the general management of all Table Game operations.
- Reviews analyses of operations, costs, and forecast data to determine Table Games’ organizational progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Reviews, and approves, as appropriate, recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, terminate, recall, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign, train, develop, reward or discipline all Employees in the department, as necessary.Maintains appropriate department staffing levels.
- Confers with Director of Casino Operations / General Manager to review achievements and discuss needed changes in goals or objectives resulting from current or projected future status or conditions.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee, attending regularly scheduled status meetings.
- Implements, designs, and monitors all Table Games training programs and seminars, directed at developing and enhancing Employee skills.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Ensures optimal operational efficiency with continual contact and walk through observation of all areas of responsibility.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates Table Games departmental performance, working through Shift Managers to take appropriate steps in resolving unsatisfactory results or conditions.
- Develops and participates in special projects as requested by the Director of Casino Operations / General Manager.
- Sets priorities for Table Games leadership, providing guidance and assistance as needed.
- Initiates and maintains communication with subordinates, employees, management, and other departments in facilitating the flow of information throughout the property.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
Directly supervises all Table Games Shift Managers, directly supervises the activities of all other Table Games employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College Degree preferred. Five to seven years Gaming Management experience required, including complete knowledge of all table games policies and procedures. Strong Knowledge of state gaming regulations essential.
Strong organizational and communication skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to work in an environment that the noise level is usually loud.