POSITION TITLE: Table Games Dealer
DEPARTMENT: Table Games
REPORTS TO: Table Games Supervisor
PREPARED DATE: February 5th, 2019
The Table Games Dealer is responsible for the operation and conduct of any and all assigned table games in accordance with Casino regulations and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for providing continuous exceptional guest service, while ensuring the integrity of the game under changing and occasional stressful situations.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote positive customer relations
- Arrive to work station on time as scheduled and in proper uniform attire.
- Positively present oneself as a credit to Tesuque Casino and its related entities.
- Conduct dealing performance and customer service in a pleasant, entertaining and professional manner to a diverse group of patrons.
- Maintain a positive and approachable demeanor at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of casino events and promotions.
- Maintain knowledge and continuous application of all departmental and company policies, procedures and customer service standards.
- Notify supervisor of any irregularities during game play and/or any damage, defects or markings on cards or other casino equipment and property.
- Continuously ensure strong game protection.
- Advertise games, side bets, competitive game rules and options, promotions, and casino events in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Educate novice players on general rules and playing procedures of an assigned game.
- D. players who appear to possibly be under 21 years of age.
- Advise supervisor of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during game play.
- Stop play and immediately notify pit supervisor in the event of any dealing error.
- Contain emotion and/or negative reaction when dealing with the occasional irate guests.
- Maintain strong attention to all aspects of an assigned table game by staying alert of changing conditions and repositioning oneself to allow for constant peripheral vision.
- Perform multiple physical dealing functions with strong hand dexterity in a neat, formal and timely manner, in order to maintain a quick game pace and to allow for clear and easy observation by Surveillance and supervisors.
- Attendance and participation of mandatory meetings, trainings, seminars and/or Casino events.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- This position does not oversee other employees unless designated as a dual rate Dealer/Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited casino dealer school or one year experience preferred.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Dealing experience preferred
- General knowledge of Blackjack and basic dealing procedures
- Must learn a secondary game within 90 days Introductory Period
- Must be familiar with all US currency
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Strong sense of customer service
- Strong social skills
- Dependable and prompt
- Ability to work and interact with Table Games Team Members and all departments throughout the organization
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to communicate (project voice and hear) within occasionally loud surroundings.
- Maintain a positive and accepting attitude towards all coaching, counseling, training and documenting in order to allow for constant improvement and growth.
- Accept decisions and/or corrections by supervisors in a positive, supportive and professional manner in the presence of guests.
- Clearly and audibly conduct all required “call-outs” in a professional manner.
- Clearly communicate all relevant game changes or conditions to relief dealers.
- Ability to accurately and quickly calculate payouts using addition, subtraction, multiplication or division, including fractions and decimals without the use of a calculator or other tool. Must be able to make multiple correct mathematical decisions simultaneously.
- Accurately conduct customers’ cash and non-cash transactions.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee must possess good vision, including peripheral, with or without correction. The Employee will use all fingers and both hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift up to ten (10) lbs.
- The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke.