Job Title: Agent
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Prepared By: Tashumbe Holdridge, Director of Surveillance
Prepared Date: June 12, 2008
Labor Code Listing: 953000
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Agent will be responsible for observing, monitoring, and recording all activity occurring in the casino area and record observations in writing as required.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record events in Table Games, slots, cage, hard count, soft count and must have a working knowledge of credit procedures, cash transactions, company procedures and Regulations
- Performs duties in compliance with company standards and gaming regulations
- Responsible for disclosing irregularities, variances from procedures etc., observed during the performance of duties to the Shift Supervisor
- Assist with conducting investigations
- Usage of all surveillance equipment
- Conduct reviews and transfer incidents to a separate composite
- Report any procedure violation and/ or irregularities observed and generate reports as required.
- Multi-task and good communication skills
- Follow Standard and Procedures as required to monitoring and protecting the assets of the casino
- Maintain and record daily activity
- Table Games, Cage and Slots Policy and Procedures
- Usage of two way radio equipment
- Equipment maintenance and minor repair
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of all asset-handling procedures to include count room, cage operations is mandatory
- Other duties assigned or pertaining to the job
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, employee relations, computer and decision making skills.
- Must be able to function successfully in a team environment.
- Must be a self -starter with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in a high stress environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
This position does not provide any supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Prefer prior Indian Gaming experience or equivalent experience for a minimum of one year.
- Knowledge of the National Gaming Commission and All State and Tribal gaming rules and regulations is also a requirement.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The Surveillance Agent must be in good physical condition and will be subject to extended periods of sitting. Electrical hazards exist around monitors, power supplies, and any other existing surveillance components. Ability to work flexible hours, shifts, or days as determined by business demands.
Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke.