JOB TITLE: Slot Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Slots
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: February 29, 2012
Responsible for providing front line support and maintenance of Gaming Equipment. The Slot Technician reports to the Lead Slot Technician or Slot Supervisor. The work environment is fast paced, demanding and requires the employee to be highly motivated and provide superior guest service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and testing of Gaming Equipment/parts per the repair/testing procedures.
- Test all levels of subassemblies and other gaming equipment parts that are covered under procedures submitted by the Electronic Technician to ensure they meet technical specification of the manufacturer’s guidelines and gaming regulations.
- Organizing the parts inventory currently available for Slot Technician.
- Reviewing test procedures and implementing its contents.
- Maintenance of all current Slot Department Test Equipment and Tools.
- Install or moving of any Gaming Equipment to desired areas.
- Training/sharing knowledge to Slot Employees.
- Assist Slot attendant with verification of Fills/Jackpots and problems and issues concerning gaming equipment.
- Interact with Slot Department Employees to establish a strong teamwork environment and to interact with casino guest to establish a solid employee/guest relationship.
- Able to comply with technical specifications; conduct product testing with documentation provided by the Lead Technician and the Electronic Technician, and to be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Utilize computer skills to monitor technical conditions related to applicable gaming equipment.
- Install/remove gaming equipment to locations specified by the Lead Slot Technician or Management.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Possess strong written and oral communications
- utilize interpersonal skills to coordinate diverse projects and work with a variety of constituencies
- Possess excellent research, organizational and problem solving abilities.
- A working background in computer software and its application is a plus.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, employee relations, computer and decision making skills.
- Must be able to function successfully in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform essential security duties including first aid.
- Must be a self -starter with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in a high stress environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
This position does not provide any supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of two-years’ experience with the operation and maintenance of Gaming Equipment in a technical aspect or experience to equivocate the combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, human relations and decision-making skills.
- Must be computer-literate.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a creative problem solving.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow through.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee will use hands and fingers to handle or feel various items, conduct repetitious movements and tasks such as operating a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee will be required to talk for extended periods and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds and be able to help move people in medical or emergency situations.
Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke and loud noise.