JOB TITLE: Slot Host
DEPARTMENT: Slot Department
REPORTS TO: Slot Shift Supervisor
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: October 31, 2015
Under direct supervision of the Slot Shift Supervisor, it is the responsibility of the slot host to greet guests utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards to create a positive, fun gaming experience.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Strong knowledge of various internal written and verbal codes/abbreviations.
- Bi-cultural experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- One year Casino experience required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes all activity within assigned area offering assistance to slot and video gaming device players, and instruction and advice on machine functions and payouts.
- Knowledge of the various types of slot and video gaming device machines and is able to identify major malfunctions and correct minor machine malfunctions.
- Identifies jackpots, possesses and completes them promptly, accurately and with a high degree of service.
- Aware of the various types of slot and video gaming device cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
- Capable of handling routine guest complaints and incidents and exhibits the appropriate discretion to identify situations that require the attention of supervisory personnel.
- Well versed on various casino promotions, events and relays it to players in assigned area.
- Create a memorable gaming experience by utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
- Organizing assigned sections to ensure cleanliness and neatness for casino guests.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures to include applicable gaming regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Maintains complete confidentiality with all casino business.
This position does not provide any supervision.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 lb.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required as well as extended hours and irregular shifts.