POSITION TITLE: Shuttle Driver
REPORTS TO: Clarissa Vigil, Valet Supervisor
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: May 3, 2018
SUPERVISOR: Valet Supervisor
The Shuttle Driver shall pick up guests at desired pick up locations around the Santa Fe area. Shuttle drivers will create first class hospitality and guest service for the clientele utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards. Occasionally pick up guest from hotel/motel and also casino entertainers and group members. Shuttle drivers will assist Valet attendants with inspecting and parking guest vehicle in designated areas of property. Rotating Shift
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
• At least one (1) year experience in Valet service
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience/ knowledge of guest service
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
• Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
• Greet guests when they arrive and thank them when they leave.
• Shuttle clientele to and from various local hotels/motels as well as entertainers to and from the airport.
• Must adhere to all highway rules and regulations; important and critical functions of job responsibility: i.e.: Speed and cell phone use.
• Assists guests promptly and courteously in Valet check-in and checkout.
• Insure that all guests utilizing valet service receives a disclaimer/waiver card.
• Thorough inspections of vehicles with proper valet inspection card, (noting all damage visible to the vehicle).
• Responsible for guest vehicles, parking and returning guest vehicles in a prompt and punctual manner in accordance with established safety guidelines and surroundings of other guest. Park vehicles in designated areas of property, then accurately records the location of the vehicle onto a Valet receipt, which is attached to the appropriate keys and stored in the Valet office.
• Held accountable to the highest degree for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Provide shuttle service to and from guest parking lot.
• Promptly clears ramp area of cars to be parked.
• Assist all that are physically challenged entering the casino.
• Presents a clean, neat and well-groomed appearance, wearing only the designated Valet uniform while on the job.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Paragon Casino Resort facilities, as well as special events on property in order to advise guests and fellow Associates of same, whenever possible.
• Stand at casino entrance and greet guest entering and exiting the casino extending gratitude.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITILES:
• Ability to driving both standard and automatic vehicles is required for this position.
• Maintains complete confidentiality with all casino business.
• Communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions; to make reports; to speak clearly and write legibly; to effectively deal with guest.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (no moving violations or DWIs/DUIs within the last three (3) years)and able to be insured by the Casino
• Must comply with a background check and pre-employment drug screening
Duties are routinely performed outdoors and may be exposed to drive and work in inclement weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold, and heat. Position requires standing for long periods of time, running short distances for long periods of time without hesitation, and sitting for short period of time. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally duties are performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.