JOB TITLE: Security Agent
REPORTS TO: Supervisors/Manager
PREPARED BY: Director, Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: 2/2018
Under the direction of the Supervisor and Manager, the Security Agent is responsible for providing security and protection for assets, persons, buildings and/or property, within the Casino by enforcing the rules and regulations along with the policies and procedures and providing excellent customer service utilizing the Tesuque Proud Guest Service Standards.
Note: Native American preference will be given
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, employee relations, computer and decision making skills.
- Must be able to function successfully in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform essential security duties including first aid.
- Must be a self -starter with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in a high stress environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a secured environment for guests, employees, administration and the general public
- Provide a pleasant experience for guests utilizing the Tesuque Proud Guest Service Standards.
- Protect records, assets, merchandise and equipment of the Casino
- Participate in daily security operations by being alert and observant at all times
- Patrol the Casino on a regular basis either by foot or mobile patrol
- Exercise proper currency and escort procedures
- Work closely with local law enforcement and medical personnel as needed
- Prepare routine incident reports on employees, guests or other related incidents
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Take control of or provide support with emergency situations
- Meet the public tactfully and courteously by answering questions in person and over the telephone
- Be familiar with and use radio 10/101 codes, phonetic alphabet and report writing techniques
- Attain and retain working knowledge of Casino’s Internal Controls, Security’s Policies and Procedures, Gaming and interdepartmental policies and procedures
- Promote the highest degree of quality customer service, both internally and externally
This position does not provide any supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- GED or high school diploma preferred, but not required.
- Prior Security or casino gaming experience preferred.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, human relations and decision-making skills.
- Must be computer-literate.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a creative problem solving.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow through.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee will use hands and fingers to handle or feel various items, conduct repetitious movements and tasks such as operating a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee will be required to talk for extended periods and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds and be able to help move people in medical or emergency situations.
Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke and loud noise.