JOB TITLE: Restaurant Lead Host/ Hostess
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Management
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 23, 2018
The restaurant lead host/hostess serves under the Restaurant Manager. The lead host/hostess is responsible for greeting and seating all guests utilizing the Tesuque Proud Service standards while delivering excellent customer service to ensure a good first impression and repeat business. Additionally, the lead host/hostess, through the tool of Opentable is responsible for monitoring the flow of guests into and out of the restaurant; receiving and acknowledging and communicating with management all guest feedback. This position is required to work busier days and nights, during special casino promotions, holidays, and weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays). In addition, some restaurant opening/closing restaurant duties may be given. The lead position will have responsibility for updating host side-work and be responsible for implementation. The lead will have say in scheduling strategy for hosts. Host/hostess meeting agendas will be a collaboration between management and lead host/hostess.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- At least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Two year’s previous customer service experience including money handling
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding guest service utilizing the Tesuque Proud standards.
- Create table server sections through Opentable and on floor plans.
- Generate and maintain reservations and guest preferences through Opentable.
- Set-up event and holiday reservation plans within Opentable.
- Manage Opentable hours of operation and any changes to floor plans.
- Communicate and work with marketing team regarding holiday reservations.
- Ensure all host duties and procedures are complied with during opening and closing.
- Ensure all daily specials are visible at the entrance.
- Warmly greets and acknowledges all guests entering the restaurant.
- Seats guests and Monitors flow of service though Opentable
- Is aware of special need guests and ensure accommodations are made.
- Assists in resetting tables and helping on the floor as needed.
- Ensures all necessary supplies are in place at host stand.
- Ensures host stand is neat, clean and orderly.
- Maintains paper in chit printer and that iPods are properly charged.
- Ensures iPods are charging and properly stored at end of shift.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Assists manager with host meeting agendas and scheduling
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certification:
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow direction
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand and walk for long periods. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to help in other capacities in the F&B areas.
Work is generally performed in a restaurant/kitchen setting & Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.