POSITION TITLE: Restaurant Host/ Hostess
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Management
APPROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 23, 2018
The Restaurant Host/ Hostess serves under the Restaurant Manager. The Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating all guests utilizing the Tesuque Proud Service standards while delivering excellent customer service to ensure a good first impression and repeat business. Additionally, the host/hostess, through the tool of Open Table is responsible for monitoring the flow of guests into and out of the restaurant; receiving and acknowledging and communicating with management all guest feedback.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- At least 21 years of age
- Two year’s previous customer service experience including money handling
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding guest service utilizing the Tesuque Proud standards.
- Create table sections through Open Table.
- Generate and maintain reservations and guest preferences through Open Table.
- Communicate closing with management of guest needs.
- Ensure all duties and procedures are complied with during opening and closing.
- Ensure all daily specials are visible at the entrance.
- Warmly greets and acknowledges all guests entering the restaurant.
- Seats guests and Monitors flow of service though Open Table
- Maintain awareness of special need guests and ensure accommodations are made.
- Assist in resetting tables.
- Greet arriving guest before they greet you.
- Thank departing guests and invites them to return.
- Ensure all necessary supplies are in place at host stand.
- Ensure host stand is neat, clean and orderly.
- Maintain paper in chit printer and that iPods are properly charged.
- Ensure iPods are charging and properly stored at end of shift.
- Bus tables, clean spills and equipment as necessary.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certification:
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to manage independently multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow direction
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.