POSITION TITLE: Restaurant Food Runner
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: February 27, 2012
The Restaurant Busser serves under the Restaurant Shift Manager. They are responsible for cleaning, clearing, and re-setting table tops and booths; clean chairs, walls, floors, beverage and stocking stations. The Busser is required to prepare and wrap silverware for the restaurant and other events when requested. The Busser is also expected to assist with banquets and special events as needed. And is required to have excellent communication skills, work well with others and perform any other duties assigned or pertaining to the job. Also provide outstanding guest service utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food service/hospitality desired, but not required
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to stand, walk and perform heavy lifting throughout the entire shift
- Must be able to work in a second hand smoke filled environment
- Deliver exceptional customer service by quickly clearing and cleaning table tops, booths, chairs, and walls after guests leave
- Safely and efficiently carry large loads of tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing
- Assist servers in delivery of orders to guests table
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Support other areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work and equipment maintenance in front and back of the house
- Perform all duties in a timely, expeditious and professional manner
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Must be able to lift, reach, bend, and stoop
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
- Be punctual and reliable in attendance
- Ability to attain Food Handlers certification, if required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The employee is frequently required to lift up 25 to 50 lb.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.