JOB TITLE: IT Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 8, 2017
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the integrity, compliance, and functions of the mission critical systems which provide IT services in support of the Casino’s operations. The incumbent is responsible for system administration which includes: effective planning, provisioning; installation/configuration; operation; maintenance of system hardware and software and related infrastructure, strong compliant and very competent implementation user interaction skills.
The incumbent is accountable for Windows, AD, MS-Exchange, MS-Office, VOIP, VMWare and all the pertinent operational applications that run the Casino’s systems, interoperate with staff, and run on the complex infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems includes: system administration and provisioning; operations, support, and backup; maintenance, research, upkeep, and development to ensure optimal system availability; and continual compliance operations. Making/keeping provisions to be in an always uptime state of operations. Assist in disaster recovery scope, planning, operations, and compliance.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties and Responsibilities:
Capability to prioritize, maintain and verify completion, properly communicate and interact with system support/vendors, ability to coordinate changes in applications, systems, and/or operations. Provides appropriate training initiatives and guidance for new and existing team members.
Tasks for candidate are assistance and responsible in installing network and computer systems. Maintaining, repairing and upgrading network and computer systems, diagnosing and fixing problems or potential problems with the network and its hardware, software, and systems.
Fulfill documenting requirements of the many aspects, be it incidents, problems, end users, hardware, software, updates, monitoring tools, jobs, training material, and maintenance tasks.
Assists in tracking the parts inventory and maintenance of documentation throughout all IT operational areas.
MUST HAVE PAST EXPERIENCE WORKING FULL-TIME AS AN IT TECHNICIAN IN A HELP DESK
VERY STRONG EXPERIENCE WITH:
MS-Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
MS-Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10
MS-Office 2010, 2013
MS-Outlook Web Access
Wired and wireless networking, Managed Switches. VLANs
Basic MFP/VOIP knowledge is a plus
Windows Server Components; Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policies controls
PREFER CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE IN:
Aristocrat OASIS 360
MICROS/ORACLE POS System
Toshiba Printing System/Print Server
Ability to analyze and interpret data
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Ability to supervise and motivate others
Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Ability to work independently
Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
Ability to read, write and understand technical manuals, CAD, VISIO, drawings/blueprints, and procedural documentation.
Knowledge and experience with Network and Element Management tools
Knowledge of cable, voice and data communications networks, and associated elements
Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and operations
Knowledge of TCP/IP and SNMP
Knowledge of HFC networks
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Provide documentation for compliance standards
Demonstrated leadership qualities
Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Responsible for all aspects of systems administration including but not limited to managing servers, applications, routers, switches, firewalls, and databases. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and the development of specialized system procedures.
- Performs systems security administration functions including creating user profiles and managing the user group and user access and security.
- Manage all aspects of system architecture, application configuration, user access and security for all systems and Operating System components.
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, bandwidth usage, and checks on system response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Maintains system documentation and logs.
- Performs or assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems and corrects them when identified.
- Provides monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology related security incidents and violations.
- Maintains application security, event investigations, and compliance enforcement.
- Maintain Windows 200X Active Directory infrastructure and capable of administrating Windows 200X Domain Structure.
- Communicates and coordinates network and server schedules, backups, and downtime to the internal business community.
- Provide mentoring and other effort to internal and external departmental employees as needs arise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
This is a supervisory level position responsible for the effective direction and support of subordinate network analysts and PC /I.T. Technicians.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University
- A minimum of two years related work experience
- MCSE Certification
- CCNA Certification
- Excellent understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and gaming systems (preferred).
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into MIS issues and products
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- EMC Storage
- Cisco Networking Gear
- Windows & Active Directory Administration
- Network Security
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
- Aristocrat OASIS – Casino Management System
- MICROS POS
- Sage Software – MAS 90
- Fortinet Fortianalyzer
- Symantec Backup Exec
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The primary language spoken and written is to be English. Have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the internal business community.
- Have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Gaming License
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Cisco Certified Network Associate, or any combination of the certifications in combination with appropriate work experience, or equivalent, documented and verifiable, experience relating to Cisco LAN infrastructure.
- Microsoft certification (MCSE) or equivalent experience with Windows 200X Server, Windows 200X Active Directory and Windows 200X Domain environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be on call 24/7 and will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, walk, and remain mobile for prolonged periods of time. The Employee will use fingers, hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks such as operating a computer keyboard, mouse power tools and other computer components, and must be able to lift computers and peripherals weighing up to fifty (50) lbs.
The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke.