POSITION TITLE: Grab & Go Server/Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Fresh Market Place Supervisor
APPROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 24, 2018
Under the direction of the Assistant Food and Beverage Director, the Grab and Go Cook/Cashier is responsible for serving cold and hot food items while keeping food prep areas clean and sanitized. Also, provide outstanding guest service utilizing the Tesuque Proud Guest Service Standards.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Grab and Go Server/Cashier are responsible for setting up and breaking down the Grab and Go area according to established procedures.
- Prepare food items in advance
- Perform duties in a timely, expeditious and professional manner.
- Provide outstanding guest service utilizing the Tesuque Proud Service Standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Greets all customers politely as they approach the counter for ordering.
- Enter guest orders, at the counter into the POS system as they order.
- Ensure cook has order and preparation is underway.
- Monitors orders and ensures their prompt delivery.
- Helps package food in boxes and bags.
- Helps cook food and otherwise remains at register.
- Up-sells in-store promotions, when applicable.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries.
- Keeps the counter, beverage and dining area neat and clean.
- Sweeps and or vacuums and mops the floor regularly.
- Restocks napkins, straws, lids, and other supplies in the dining area.
- Handles bank transactions.
- Inventories supplies and goods with supervising manager, when necessary.
- Takes money from customers and provides correct change.
- Processes credit card, debit card and voucher transactions.
- Keeps track of a cash drawer and ensures it is balanced at the end of the shift
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- At least one (1) year prior money handling experience.
- Preferred experience in restaurant and/or other type of food and beverage operation, enough to have the appropriate knowledge and skill level in service and willingness to learn
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, & Certifications:
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Must be able to lift, reach, bend, and stoop
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
- Be punctual and reliable in attendance
- Ability to attain Food Handlers certification, if required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a smoke filled environment
- Must have good dexterity and full use of both hands.
- Must have a strong back for bending, reaching, and rotated while performing job duties.
- Must be able to withstand the physical nature of food service business.
- Must be able to perform at a high level of efficiency and poise.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and staff on a professional basis at all times.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods if standing, walking, and must be able to lift 30 lbs or more.
Work generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.