POSITION TITLE: Gift Shop Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Gift Shop
REPORTS TO: Gift Shop Manager
APPROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 2018
Human relation’s skills are essential to this position. The Retail Associate should possess the desire to get along with co-team members and our casino guests. Associates must meet and greet casino guests and give utmost respect to all guests at all times.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a Retail Associate in the gift shop, you are required to stay at the register if designated for the shift.
- Accurately Charge guests, using the POS system, for all merchandise, snacks, beverage and tobacco.
- Perform duties in a timely, expeditious and professional manner.
- Stock inventory as directed by your manager.
- Maintain, organize, clean and dust store as needed.
- Promote positive guest relations.
- Must learn and follow departmental and company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Preferredprior money handling experience
- Position dictates working in a fast-paced environment and is subject to irregular hours including nights, mornings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Promote and participate in astrong team engagement
- Successfully pass all job related training and tests
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
- Supports and embraces Tesuque Casino values
- Maintains complete confidentiality with all casino business
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly is required to sit and stands; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk. The associate occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.