JOB TITLE: Food & Beverage Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: AssistantDirector of Food & Beverage
APPROVED BY: Director of Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 23, 2018
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, the F&B Manager manages all aspects of the Restaurant including its activities and the relationships between the guests, employees, and the community. Administers policies and procedures as defined by its internal controls, the Gaming Compact and local and Federal laws. Assist with the development of operating policies and procedures and directs the work of all department employees. Monitors the quality of the restaurant’s products and services, and ensures maximum guest satisfaction. Secures and protects the department’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Purchases liquor, beer and wine as well as paper supplies; stores, rotates, takes inventory and prepares supplies for the guests.
- Responsible of general operation of front of house including bar and Grab and Go.
- Responsible for all personnel actions and maintenance of personnel files following HR policy and procedures.
- Responsible for weekly time sheets and proper tip reporting.
- Ensures all operations meet health and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees specific duties.
- Inventories merchandise and prepares requisitions to replenish beverages and paper goods on hand.
- Takes monthly inventory, extends the inventory and turns the inventory into Accounting along with any transfer documents as needed.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and safety of area of responsibility.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
- Oversee development of quality menus and food selection to reflect Tesuque Casino’s high standards and meet customer demands.
- Control labor percentage objectives for all front of house Team Members.
- Review customer satisfaction reports; comment cards and social media sights.
- Perform regular audits and analysis of liquor costs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Tribal, Local/State, and Federal and NIGC regulations/laws.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Ensure control/protection of company assets.
- Recommend operational enhancements that support initiatives and promote excellence.
- Assists in hiring and develop staff in the areas of customer service, hospitality and policies and procedures using Tesuque Proud standards.
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels.
- Oversee, planning and staffing of banquets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or related field and or a minimum of 2 years of management experience in Food and Beverage.
- Two years of progressively responsible management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform successfully under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skills in assessing operation, program, staffing and fiscal needs
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to work various and irregular shifts including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance.
- Strong training background desired.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Oversees and monitors the management team including but not limited to the Food and Beverage Managers, kitchen managers, banquet coordinator and administrative assistant.
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a New Mexico Alcohol Servers Certificate
- Must have a Food Handlers Certificate
- Must have a Serve-Safe Certificate
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee will be required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, stoop, crouch, climb and crawl. The Employee will use fingers and hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to fifty (50) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels, see close, distant and colors, smell and taste.
Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke, high noise level, temperature changes, heat, fumes and steam.