JOB TITLE: Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Managers
APPROVED BY: Director of Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: October 13th, 2019
Under the direction of the Restaurant Managers, the F&B Assistant Manager manages F&B areas including its activities and the relationships between the guests, employees, and the community. Administers policies and procedures as defined by its internal controls, the Gaming Compact and local and Federal laws. Assist with the development of operating policies and procedures and directs the work of all department employees. Monitors the quality of the restaurant’s products and services, and ensures maximum guest satisfaction. Secures and protects the department’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for general supervision of front of house:
Includes dining room, bar, retail and Grab & Go:
- Ensures all operations meet health and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Assists in managing and updating work schedules.
- Ensures opening and closing duties are being completed by team members.
- Is responsible for keeping side-work sheets and cleaning responsibilities up to date for team members.
- Completes daily pre-shift notes, and holds pre-shift meetings AM and PM.
- Is able to operate and understand work-order systems, log-book, restaurant T.V.s, music and lights.
- Understands and can operate basic kitchen/F&B machinery. i.e. troubleshoot a non-operating coffee machine. D
- Is pro-active with troubleshooting team challenges, equipment challenges, guest issues.
- Assists with monthly restaurant inventories.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
- Assists in seasonal menu changes: menu editing, staff quizzes, training.
- Control labor percentage objectives for all front of house Team Members.
- Review customer satisfaction reports; comment cards and social media sights
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Tribal, Local/State, and Federal and NIGC regulations/laws.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Ensure control/protection of company assets.
- Recommend operational enhancements that support initiatives and promote excellence.
- Assists in hiring and develop staff in the areas of customer service, hospitality and policies and procedures using Tesuque Proud standards.
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Two years of progressively responsible management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform successfully under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skills in assessing operation, program, staffing and fiscal needs
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to work various and irregular shifts including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance.
- Strong training background desired.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Oversees and monitors the front of house F&B team.
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a New Mexico Alcohol Servers Certificate
- Must have a Food Handlers Certificate
- Must have a Serve-Safe Certificate
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee will be required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, and able to lift, push, pull and carry up to fifty (50) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels, see close, distant and colors, smell and taste.
Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke, high noise level, temperature changes, heat, fumes and steam.