POSITION TITLE: Floor Care Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities
APROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 2018
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Floor Care Technician will perform a wide range of skilled, semi-skilled physical tasks which requires a working knowledge of cleaning, extraction, stripping and recoating, polishing hard floors, sweeping and mopping in all areas of casino and other duties assigned out of building.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using proper equipment & chemicals, clean upholstery fabric on sot chairs and any other furniture with upholstery in the facility.
- Strip and recoat floors as periodically or as needed in all areas of the facility.
- Sweep and mop all floors on a daily basis in all areas of the facility.
- Shampoo carpets as scheduled or as needed in all areas of the facility.
- Vacuum rooms, common areas, halls and offices with carpeting.
- Cleans dining room floors and showroom after meals and special events.
- Responsible for scrubbing kitchen floor and Oasis Snack Bar according to schedule or as needed.
- Sweeps the walk way in front of the facility.
- Assist Custodians when needed with emptying trash outside of the facility.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- The employee may be requested to perform other duties and tasks that are not listed, but are within the competence of this position.
- Others duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year of floor care experience.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language.
- Bi-cultural experience preferred
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in floor care.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in floor care for all areas of the facility.
- Knowledge of Bloodborne pathogens.
- Knowledge of the use of a cleaning cart.
- Ability to use and maintain standard tools and equipment pertaining to floor care
- Ability to use methods, and practices involved in floor care and repair
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stands; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. There may be heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds and prolonged periods of standing required in day to day operations.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.