POSITION TITLE: EVS Shift Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor
APROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: 8/24/2018
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the EVS Shift Supervisor will perform a wide range of skilled and semi-skilled physical housekeeping tasks. This position is normally a broad range service provider able to provide all types of cleaning and sanitizing services to all areas within the casino.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In charge of enforcing daily work schedules of their respective crews under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor.
- Oversees the implementation and enforcement of department and company policies and procedures under the direction of the Facilities Supervosor.
- Provides the Facility Coordinator with daily attendance records of their respective shifts.
- Working Supervisor-Making sure all duties are carried out.
- Performs routing housekeeping maintenance providing service to the casino community.
- Consistently deliver outstanding customer service to our internal/external guests using the Tesuque Proud Guest Service Standards.
- Be on call 24/7 answering all phone calls during off-duty hours.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Responsive to Customer questions and concerns.
- Evaluate the performance of custodial staff.
- Adhere to all Tesuque Casino health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Blood-borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- And any other duties assigned or pertaining to the job.
- Reassign any duties among on duty staff if a member of the team does not show up for some unknown reason.
- Make sure all sections and side work are completed at end of shift. If not, let the incoming shift supervisor know what has not been completed so that the task may get done.
- Meet with the incoming and outgoing shift supervisors when clocking in and out of shift. This way you are informed of what has happened during the previous shift and what needs to get done.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- This position supervises all EVS staff on their designated shift
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must be 21 years or older
- At least one year experience working in a housekeeping environment.
- At least one year experience using industrial chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Requires a working knowledge of chemical usage and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to use chemicals to the standards of the housekeeping department’s methods and practices involved in housekeeping building maintenance.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly.
- Ability to communicate with other departments concerning housekeeping needs.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to answer guests’ questions concerning promotions, events, directions, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use of hands and finger to feel and reach; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.