POSITION TITLE: EVS / Housekeeper
REPORTS TO: EVS Shift Supervisor
APROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 2018
Under the direction of the Facilities Department supervisory staff, the EVS Housekeeper will perform a wide range of skilled and semi-skilled physical housekeeping tasks.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean restrooms and restock supplies.
- Clean slot machines and bases.
- Empty ash trays and trash cans.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop floors.
- Clean up spills.
- Clean soda fountains and other equipment.
- Wash windows.
- Wipe/dust tables, desks and chairs.
- Adhere to all Camel Rock Casino health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have strong organizational, communication, human relations and decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to understand chemical usage and cleaning procedures.
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer relations.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times and be able to work with diverse groups.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in a high stress environment.
- Must be on call and able to work flexible, irregular and extended hours including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of employees, executives, associates or guests.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood by Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Certification (will be provided)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee will use hands and fingers to handle or feel various items, conduct repetitious movements and tasks such as wiping machines and sweeping, reach with hands and arms, carry items with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and crawl. The employee will be required to talk and be heard and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push and/or pull one hundred (100) pound wheeled carts.
The employee will be exposed to chemicals, loud noise and second-hand smoke and may be exposed to biohazard materials, weather, extreme cold, extreme heat, fumes, high places, and/or moving mechanical parts.