POSITION TITLE: Dishwasher
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef, Sous Chef and or Kitchen Manager
APPROVED BY: Human Resource
PREPARED DATE: August 23, 2018
Under the direction of Kitchen Management;Executive Chef, Sous Chef and or Kitchen Manager. The Dishwasher is responsible for cleaning the Food and Beverage areas and equipment.
Note: Native American preference will be given
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have a working knowledge of chemical usage and cleaning procedures.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle the pressure and stress of the job in a professional manner.
- Must be able to complete job duties in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work with diverse groups.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be on call and able to work flexible, irregular and extended hours including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Kitchen Management, Cooks and Front of the House Employees.
- Responsible for cleaning all service wares including, but not limited to, dishes, silverware, flatware, glasses, pots, pans, cooking utensils and equipment with minimal to no breakage.
- Responsible for general cleaning of the walls, floors, trashcans, etc. in the Food & Beverage areas (excluding the break room) ensuring the highest level of sanitation and safety.
- Responsible for stocking the restaurant and banquets with dishes and supplies as needed.
- Assist with emptying and cleaning the restaurant/banquet bus carts as needed.
- Break down boxes, dispose of all grease, garbage, waste and recycling.
- Assist in cleaning food storage areas, cooler and freezer.
- Assist with special function item delivery in the casino and on other tribal properties.
- Assist in stocking deliveries.
- Assist with food preparation as needed.
- Follow all Tesuque Casino health and safety policies.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of one year of experience working in a professional kitchen.
- Must have strong organizational, communication and human relations skills.
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to understand policies, procedures, and directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively one on one.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- ServSafe Certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to walk and stand for prolonged periods. The employee will use hands and fingers to handle or feel various items, conduct repetitious movements and tasks such as handle items of various sizes, wipe walls and equipment, sweep and mop, reach with hands and arms, carry items with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and crawl. The employee will be required to talk and be heard and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push and/or pull one hundred (100) pound wheeled carts. The employee will be exposed to chemicals and loud noise and may be exposed to biohazard materials, extreme cold, extreme heat, fumes, high places, and/or moving mechanical parts.