POSITION TITLE: Director of Table Games Operations
DEPARTMENT: Table Games
REPORTS TO: Director of Casino Operations / General Manager
PREPARED DATE: February 5th, 2019
Responsible for overall administration and operation of the Table Games Department, in alignment with the goals & objectives of the organization in full accordance with all company operational policies and procedures and relative gaming regulations.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulates and administers departmental policies and develops realistic short and long term goals and objectives for the department in alignment with those of the organization.
- Responsible for the general management of all Table Game operations.
- Reviews analyses of operations, costs, and forecast data to determine Table Games’ organizational progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Reviews, and approves, as appropriate, recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, terminate, recall, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign, train, develop, reward or discipline all Employees in the department, as necessary. Maintains appropriate department staffing levels.
- Confers with Director of Casino Operations / General Manager to review achievements and discuss needed changes in goals or objectives resulting from current or projected future status or conditions.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee, attending regularly scheduled status meetings.
- Implements, designs, and monitors all Table Games training programs and seminars, directed at developing and enhancing Employee skills.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Ensures optimal operational efficiency with continual contact and walk through observation of all areas of responsibility.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates Table Games departmental performance, working through Shift Managers to take appropriate steps in resolving unsatisfactory results or conditions.
- Develops and participates in special projects as requested by the Director of Casino Operations / General Manager.
- Sets priorities for Table Games leadership, providing guidance and assistance as needed.
- Initiates and maintains communication with subordinates, employees, management, and other departments in facilitating the flow of information throughout the property.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Directly supervises all Table Games Shift Managers, directly supervises the activities of all other Table Games employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- College Degree preferred. Five to seven years Gaming Management experience required, including complete knowledge of all table games policies and procedures. Strong Knowledge of state gaming regulations essential.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to practice the principles of public relations and outstanding guest service.
- Extensive Knowledge of, and ability to deal table games.
- Extensive and complete knowledge of Internal Controls
- Knowledge of procedures and Casino floor operations.
- Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing dynamics and priorities
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must know basic strategy and identify warning signs of advantage play.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Skill in human relations, communication and supervision of assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and be able to apply what is learned to the operation.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers and guests at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in job performance, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke, high noise level and possible temperature changes.