POSITION TITLE: CK Restaurant Server
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Operations Manager
APPROVED BY: Human Resource
PREPARED DATE: AUGUST 2018
Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Operations Manager, the server will ensure continued excellent customer service utilizing the Tesuque PROUD Service Standards while interacting with our guests and ensure they have a great dining experience. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
NOTE: Native preference will be given
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations.
- Direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, and communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Accepting payments, issuing receipts returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Create a memorable dining experience for our guests utilizing the Tesuque PROUD Guest Service Standards.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must have casual to find dining experience
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prior food and beverage server experience required.
- One-year experience as a Restaurant Server in a restaurant or food service operation preferred.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have State of New Mexico Alcohol Servers Certificate
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
This position requires the employee to communicate effectively with guests to create a fun and safe environment while creating and fostering relationships for repeat business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use of hands and finger to feel and reach; talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.