POSITION TITLE: Camel Rock Valero Cashier
CLASSIFICATION: Non–Key Employee
DEPARTMENT: Camel Rock Valero Convenience Store
Camel Rock Valero Cashier serves at the Camel Rock Valero Convenience Store. Camel Rock Valero Cashier will be on-call cashier shifts when needed at Camel Rock Valero. Cashier duties include but are not limited to conducting transaction accurately, cleaning, stocking and being self-motivated in a fast paced environment.
The following list of duties and responsibilities is typical of the tasks performed by this position but is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Camel Rock Valero Convenience Store:
- Conduct customer purchases effectively
- Must be able to run a register and balance your drawer effectively
- Stock all coolers and tobacco products
- Stock and rotate vendor deliveries
- Maintain a clean and customer friendly store (ex. sweep, mop, clean restrooms, throw trash, fill windshield wash stations, etc.)
- Keep coffee, fountain area clean, organized and stocked
- Keep fast food grab and go area clean, stocked and organized
- Fill up ice bags when in-store stock goes low
- Weekly and daily cleaning of windows, shelves, cooler doors, gas pumps, sidewalks, etc.
Minimum Qualifications and education:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school or GED diploma or equivalent to experience
- Must have or be able to obtain an Alcohol Servers Certificate.
- Must have the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work various shifts (ex. Weekends, Holidays, Day or Evening Shift, etc.)
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Supports and embraces Camel Rock Valero values.
- Maintains complete confidentiality with all business operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 lb. and occasionally required to lift up to 50 lb. Must be able to stand and be on your feet for an 8 hour shift. Must be able to squat, bend and reach above the shoulders.
Work is performed in a convenience store environment with a high noise level and the possible presence of second hand smoke. Evening and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.