JOBTITLE: Cage Cashier
REPORTSTO: Cage Supervisor
Accurately processes transactions for Guests and co-workers while maintaining a positive demeanor and pleasant attitude throughout. Cashes TITO’s and Chips, makes change, processes e-Checks, Personal Checks, Traveler’s Checks, and Credit/Debit cards in an efficient manner. Issues interdepartmental banks; receives interdepartmental bank revenue; processes Jackpots, and completes Tax Forms. Is responsible for all assets under their charge during an assigned shift, and must reconcile said bank upon the completion of their shift. Guarantees confidentiality concerning Cage operations, is team oriented, and maintains a strict attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is accurate and complete. Communicates directly with the Cage Supervisor concerning Cage events, seeks assistance when encountering suspicious transactions, and tracks Guest activities in preparation for MIL/MTL. Remains flexible and adaptable and must be able to work all shifts and all days, including Holidays as necessary or assigned.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protect company assets
- Guarantee excellent Guest services
- Knowledge of current Casino events and promotions
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ensure an organized work station
- Accurately count and cash Chips, Coin, and Currency
- Use Coin sorter and Currency counter
- Process Jackpots, e-Checks, Personal Checks, and Travelers Checks
- Complete Tax Forms, i.e. W2-G, W-9, 1042-S, etc.
- Complete Debit/Credit card transactions
- Issue interdepartmental banks and receive interdepartmental bank revenue
- Organize closing reports and paperwork in preparation for balancing
- Reconcile assigned bank upon completion of shift
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Any additional duties assigned by Cage Supervisor, Assistant Cage Manager and/or Cage Manager
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Basic mathematics skills
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator
- Computer literacy
- Accurately count and distribute Coin and Currency
- Knowledge of process for handling basic negotiable instruments, i.e. personal checks
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or any combination of education and experience totaling two (2) years
- Use of a Coin sorter and Currency counter preferred but notrequired
- Experience in the Gaming or Banking Industries preferred but notrequired
- Must be 21 years old orolder
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and backgroundinvestigation
- Capable of adhering to numerous Policies and Procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a highly stressful environment while remaining calm and professional
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
- Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual a plus; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, walk, and remain mobile for prolonged periods of time. The Employee will use fingers, hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift thirty (30) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke. The work is performed inside a highly regulated environment where the Employee may be required to remain, without the ability to regularly exit internal offices (CashCage).
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.