JOB TITLE: Cage Cashier
REPORTS TO: Cage Supervisor
PREPARED BY: Mike Correll, Cage Manager
PREPARED DATE: July, 17 2018
Accurately processes transactions for Guests and co-workers while maintaining a positive demeanor and pleasant attitude throughout. Cashes TITO’s and Chips, makes change, processes e-Checks, Personal Checks, Traveler’s Checks, and Credit/Debit cards in an efficient manner. Issues interdepartmental banks; receives interdepartmental bank revenue; processes Jackpots, and completes Tax Forms. Is responsible for all assets under their charge during an assigned shift, and must reconcile said bank upon the completion of their shift. Guarantees confidentiality concerning Cage operations, is team oriented, and maintains a strict attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is accurate and complete. Communicates directly with the Cage Supervisor concerning Cage events, seeks assistance when encountering suspicious transactions, and tracks Guest activities in preparation for MIL/MTL. Remains flexible and adaptable and must be able to work all shifts and all days, including Holidays as necessary or assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
• One (1) year Cashiering and Customer service experience
• Use of a Coin sorter and Currency counter preferred but not required
• Experience in the Gaming or Banking Industries preferred but not required
• Must be 21 years old or older
• Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and
Note: Native American preference will be given.
• Basic mathematics skills
• Ability to operate a 10-key calculator
• Computer literacy
• Accurately count and distribute Coin and Currency
• Knowledge of process for handling basic negotiable instruments, i.e. personal
• Capable of adhering to numerous Policies and Procedures
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work within a highly stressful environment while remaining calm and
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Protect company assets
• Guarantee excellent Guest services
• Knowledge of current Casino events and promotions
• Maintain confidentiality
• Ensure an organized work station
• Accurately count and cash Chips, Coin, and Currency
• Use Coin sorter and Currency counter
• Process Jackpots, e-Checks, Personal Checks, and Travelers Checks
• Complete Tax Forms, i.e. W2-G, W-9, 1042-S, etc.
• Complete Debit/Credit card transactions
• Issue interdepartmental banks and receive interdepartmental bank revenue
• Organize closing reports and paperwork in preparation for balancing
• Reconcile assigned bank upon completion of shift
• Attend scheduled meetings
• Any additional duties assigned by Cage Supervisor, Assistant Cage Manager
and/or Cage Manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, walk, and remain mobile for prolonged periods of time. The Employee will use fingers, hands and arms to conduct repetitious movements and tasks, and must be able to lift thirty (30) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke. The work is performed inside a highly regulated environment where the Employee may be required to remain, without the ability to regularly exit internal offices (Cash Cage).