POSITION TITLE: Building Maintenance Worker
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor
APROVED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 2018
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor or his designated representative, the Building Maintenance Technician will perform a wide range of skilled, semiskilled physical tasks: requiring a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and minor electrical work. There may be heavy lifting and prolonged periods of standing required in day-to-day operations.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a wide variety of general building, construction, and maintenance repairs and services.
- Operates a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, tractor loaders, tractor mowers, brush chippers, and trucks with or without trailers.
- Performs duties by using a variety of portable power tools and a variety of hand tools.
- Performs asphalt and cement maintenance and repair.
- Performs landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Performs janitorial duties to assist Housekeeping team members.
- Ensures that all safety regulations are followed.
- Monitors the Facilities setup calendars and completes all jobs as required.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes office movements.
- Cleans and maintains the Casino’s warehouse and maintenance shop.
- Receives, distributes, codes, and logs all packages delivered to the warehouse.
- Completes assigned maintenance requests within specified timeframes.
- Monitors and maintains Facilities inventory.
- Performs all duties in a manner that continually supports the vision, mission, values, and principles of the Corporation.
- Performs all duties in a manner that adheres to the customer service standards established by the Tesuque Proud Guest Service program.
- Any other duties assigned by the Facilities Supervisor.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Education and/or Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge to perform the job
- Knowledge: Ability to use and care of standard tools and materials. A journeyman’s license is desirable in specialty divisions but not necessary.
- Skills: Follow oral and written instructions, performing unskilled and semiskilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
- Ability to use and maintain standard tools and materials
- Ability to use methods, and practices involved in ground maintenance and repair
- Ability to estimate materials and labor needed
- Follow oral and written instructions; perform unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities; learn to perform skilled carpentry; perform heavy physical labor; work at a height of 15’ to 20’ feet above the ground; establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Bi-cultural experience preferred
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Native American preference
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to be insurable through Corporation Insurance.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stands; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. There may be heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds and prolonged periods of standing required in day to day operations. May also be required to utilize ladders up to 16ft in height to access ceilings, light fixtures, etc.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.