POSITION TITLE: Building Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
Under the direction of the Facilities Coordinator or his designated representative, the Building Maintenance Technician will perform a wide range of skilled, semiskilled physical tasks: requiring a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and minor electrical work. There may be heavy lifting and prolonged periods of standing required in day-to-day operations.
Note: Native American preference will be given
- Mechanical Services: carpentry, electrical, welding, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, locksmith, electrical motor maintenance
- Construction of promotional displays, ramps, tables, shelving, cabinets, metal gates & structures, and other facilities that promote operation efficiency
- Troubleshoots and many time repairs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, kitchen, and telephone systems
- HVAC and pump maintenance: filter changes, belt drive rebuilding, motor drive replacement, computer administration systems, pump trouble shooting, controls, etc.
- Maintenance and operation of backup generators, UPS system in surveillance and fire protection systems
- Maintenance and operations of the trash compactor, grease traps, and septic tank systems
- Labor Services: moving, special event set-up, snow removal, fueling, file box moving, moving supplies, furniture, freight, boxes, entertainment equipment, etc.
- Preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Daily, weekly, monthly inspections as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs a wide variety of general building, construction, and maintenance repairs and services.
- Operates a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, tractor loaders, tractor mowers, brush chippers, and trucks with or without trailers.
- Performs duties by using a variety of portable power tools and a variety of hand tools.
- Performs asphalt and cement maintenance and repair.
- Performs landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Performs janitorial duties to assist Housekeeping team members.
- Ensures that all safety regulations are followed.
- Monitors the Facilities setup calendars and completes all jobs as required.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes office movements.
- Cleans and maintains the Casino’s warehouse and maintenance shop.
- Receives, distributes, codes, and logs all packages delivered to the warehouse.
- Completes assigned maintenance requests within specified timeframes.
- Monitors and maintains Facilities inventory.
- Performs all duties in a manner that continually supports the vision, mission, values, and principles of the Corporation.
- Performs all duties in a manner that adheres to the customer service. standards established by the Rock Solid Guest Service program.
- Any other duties assigned by the Facilities Manager.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
- Ability to use and maintain standard tools and materials
- Ability to use methods, and practices involved in ground maintenance and repair
- Ability to estimate materials and labor needed
- Follow oral and written instructions; perform unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities; learn to perform skilled carpentry; perform heavy physical labor; work at a height of 15’ to 20’ feet above the ground; establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Bi-cultural experience preferred
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Native American preference
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge to perform the job
- Knowledge: Ability to use and care of standard tools and materials. A journeyman’s license is desirable in specialty divisions but not necessary.
- Skills: Follow oral and written instructions, performing unskilled and semiskilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stands; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. There may be heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds and prolonged periods of standing required in day-to-day operations.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.