POSITION TITLE: Beverage Cart Server
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
APPROVED BY: Human Resource
DATE APPROVED: August 23, 2018
The primary responsibility of the Beverage Cart Server is to provide all casino floor guests with unmatched guest service in every interaction using the Tesuque Proud Service Standards. Unmatched guest service includes prompt, accurate and customized beverage & retail service. All duties performed in accordance with departmental rules and company policies and procedures.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and accurately takes and delivers orders, greeting guest within 60 seconds.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal service skills with a friendly and professional demeanor while using guest names as often as possible.
- Manages multiple tasks, remains calm in a very high paced and stressful environment, and works well under pressure.
- Using the Tesuque Proud Service Standards, provides unmatched service to guests at all times.
- Proactively seeks guest service opportunities.
- Interacts with guests while taking drink orders, to include up-selling and delivering high quality drink orders to the guests in a timely manner.
- Maintains assigned areas by keeping them clean and free of debris and tracks guests while they move about the lounge floor.
- Handles cash and credit transactions associated with beverage sales, accurately and efficiently; provides appropriate change to the guests.
- Knowledge of and ability to sell all product offered, including but not limited to retail and beverage items.
- Provides accurate directions and information for guest inquires and is knowledgeable about all aspects of the lounge.and casino to include services, features, attractions, promotions and special events.
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in lounge /bar service
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have State of New Mexico Alcohol Servers Certificate
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
- Knowledge of bar operations.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
This position requires the employee to communicate effectively with guests to create a fun and safe environment while creating and fostering relationships for repeat business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use of hands and finger to feel and reach; talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.