POSITION TITLE: Bartender
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
Under direct supervision of the Restaurant Manager, the Bartender will provide friendly and excellent customer service utilizing the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards to every customer who approaches the bar while preparing and pouring drinks for customers and beverage servers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet, greet, and acknowledge every customer that approaches the bar
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Operates a cash register, handling all beverage sale transactions
- Maintains respectful control over guests at all times
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Keeps the bar area stocked and ready for guests at all times
- He/she shall perform all duties in a timely, expeditious and professional manner.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of operating cash register and bar equipment required
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Bi-cultural experience preferred
- Ability to tolerate secondary smoke
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Cash register, juice guns, cutting boards, soda guns, ice machines, shot glasses, mixers, pourers, knives, coffee machines, non-alcoholic frozen drink machines, ice tea machines, and other necessary equipment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have two years bartending experience
- Must have State of New Mexico Servers Certificate
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards
- Knowledge of bar operations
- Knowledge of sale techniques
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in Basic English
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
This position requires the employee to effectively communicate with guests to create a fun and safe environment while creating and fostering relationships for repeat business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds; pull, carry beverage stock to and from refrigerators and cabinets.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.