JOB TITLE: Audit Clerk
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
PREPARED BY: Elaine Barraza
REVISED DATE: 10/28/2019
Under direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the Audit Clerk is responsible for updating and maintaining accounting records, verifying records posted by other workers, and checking figures and documents to ensure they are accurate and coded properly. Audits specific assigned revenue and cost centers. Makes notations of error for future corrections.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audit and reconcile casino cage and all gaming areas daily.
- Review source documents for compliance to control standards and company policy.
- Prepare daily gaming and analysis reports.
- Participates in the Count when needed
- Verify and record revenue from gaming areas.
- Prepare discrepancy reports for audit exception reports.
- Prepare slot gaming tax reports.
- Review Federal tax reporting documents.
- Review Title 31 reporting documents.
- Assists in preparation of financial reporting as required.
- Preform spreadsheet evaluation of various financial operations
- Maintain custody and control of coupons both issued and unissued.
- Secure and maintain financial original documents.
- Verify revenue posting and paid-out documentation.
- Analyze and reconcile gaming and food and beverage general ledger accounts to summary daily reports.
- Perform spreadsheet evaluations of various financial operations.
- Up hold all documents and records to company policies/procedures and internal controls
- And any other duties assigned
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic math and basic business English.
- Must work quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to operate a 10-key adding machine.
- Be computer literate.
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office platforms.
- Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and obtain a gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED plus course work in business math, typing, office procedures and record keeping
- Must have 5 years Casino Auditing and/or 8 years Accounting/Booking experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual a plus; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee will be required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, stoop, crouch, climb and crawl. The Employee will use fingers and hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, perform repetitive motions with fingers while using a keyboard, mouse and other equipment and must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to twenty-five (25) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels, see close, distant and colors, and smell and taste. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke, high noise level and temperature changes.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.